On-line dwelling furnishings retailer Wayfair introduced that its enterprise program, Wayfair Skilled, is looking for submissions for its sixth annual Tastemaker Awards.
Given the various challenges of the previous yr that required companies to change operations in an ever-changing setting, this yr’s Tastemaker Awards will acknowledge the resilience of designers and companies throughout industries with the addition of recent award classes and new judges.
“The Wayfair Skilled Tastemaker Awards contest was created to spotlight the distinctive and various expertise of our members and showcase the easiest of their designs, whether or not massive or small. This yr, we’re extending the award classes to additionally acknowledge their resilience and ingenuity within the midst of a tough yr, as they pivoted to make areas safer and extra practical, whereas sustaining excellence in design,” stated Margaret Lawrence, vp of Wayfair Skilled.
The winners can be chosen by a panel of judges spanning a number of industries. This yr’s line-up contains Hadley Keller, digital director of Home Stunning; Nigel Maynard, editor-in-chief of Customized Builder Journal and Merchandise; and for the primary time, a earlier Tastemaker Award winner will be a part of the panel of judges: Galey Alix Gravenstein, inside designer and 2020 recipient of the Wayfair Skilled Tastemaker Award for Greatest Industrial Workplace Design.
For the reason that inception of the Tastemaker Awards in 2015, tens of 1000’s of entries have been submitted for consideration, however solely 26 designers and design companies have been named winners, representing the easiest in design and innovation.
The 2021 Tastemaker Awards will have a good time the yr’s most distinctive designs with the next classes:
- Most Modern Design for Social Distancing: Greatest strategy to social distancing, with a balanced design aesthetic and considerate use of house.
- Greatest Use of Out of doors Area: Greatest design of out of doors house , from restaurant patios to residential backyards, managed buildings’ roof decks, or any out of doors lounge house.
- Most Dramatic Renovation: Greatest earlier than & after renovation.
- Greatest Residential Design: Greatest kitchen, lounge, dwelling workplace, bed room, toilet, playroom, dwelling gymnasium, or different residential house.
- Greatest Industrial Enterprise Design: Greatest typical workplace house, restaurant, lodge, or different industrial enterprise house.
- Most Efficient Use of Coloration: Greatest use of shade for affect or visible curiosity, throughout any design.
“Every year we see unparalleled creativity from our design and business professionals that’s actually inspirational,” stated Lawrence. “We’re happy to introduce new award classes that acknowledge a shift in design priorities over the previous yr, whereas additionally bringing again some perennial favorites to showcase a broader vary of design artistry and ingenious options.”
To enter, members can add photographs of their best-designed areas to their Instagram feed, tag and observe @WayfairProfessional, and write a quick description with each #WFPtastemakers and #WayfairProStyle included within the picture caption. The competition is just open to members of Wayfair Skilled.
One winner can be chosen per class and awarded the next prizes: $1,000 to buy throughout Wayfair and its household of manufacturers, promotion of their successful design on Wayfair Skilled’s social media channels, and inclusion within the Tastemaker Award winners’ press launch and weblog. The decision for submissions opens February 23 and runs by means of March 9 at 11:59 p.m. EST.