HIGH POINT — The judges have reviewed the entries and named 31 finalists for the the Worldwide Society of Furnishings Designers’ Innovation + Design 2021 furnishings design competitors.
The second annual juried competitors was open to all North American skilled maker/designers and post-secondary college students.
The finalists’ items can be on show Sept. 20-24 at The Loft at Congdon Yards in Excessive Level, and winners can be introduced at a Meet the Designer occasion held Sept. 21.
“We have been so joyful to see that this yr’s entries greater than doubled final yr’s curiosity making this contest much more aggressive,” stated John Conrad, government director of ISFD. “The Meet the Designer reception is the group’s alternative to satisfy the makers, designers and ISFD board members whereas admiring the finalists’ extremely modern furnishings. The winners can be introduced firstly of the reception.”
The winners of the competitors will obtain money prizes of $250 to $1,000 for skilled and scholar ranges in seating, occasional tables, occasional storage, lighting, equipment and eating room furnishings classes. As well as, winners will achieve entry to The Generator at Congdon Yards to assist them take their furnishings designs to the subsequent degree.
Space photographers can even shoot the finalists’ items to create a fantastic artwork exhibit which can be on show on the Loft as nicely. Guests could have the chance to overview the pictures and vote for his or her favourite one as a part of the Peoples’ Alternative Pictures contest. The winner can be awarded $1,000 for better of present.
The skilled finalists are:
- Dean Babin, seating, Eleven Bench
- Ashoke Chhabra, lighting, Giant Pendant Chaos Lamp
- Erika Cross, occasional tables, Step Desk
- Dennis Daigle, equipment, Tri-mirror
- Joseph Holmes, occasional tables, Bohls Collapsible Desk
- Jeremy Kamiya, occasional tables, Penbox Knockdown Desk
- Patricia Kent, occasional tables, Martini Cocktail Desk
- Tongqi Lu, seating, Hermitage Couch
- Mike Scribner, lighting, Theater Pendant
- Justin Stabb, lighting, Conical Laminate Pendant
- Scott Stevens, seating, Lil’ Betsy
- Hasan Zaidi, lighting, Contact
- Hasan Zaidi, seating, Asana
The scholar finalists are:
- Dotan Appelbaum, occasional tables, Abulafia Lectern
- Aleasha Carr, occasional storage, Mandala Nouveau Cupboard
- Samantha Fonseca, seating, Lamella
- Brett Garrett, equipment, Misplaced
- Glen Gordon, occasional storage, Arches Sideboard
- Glen Gordon, occasional tables, Rockport Desk
- Derek Hill, eating room furnishings, Document Cupboard
- Jacob Husak, occasional storage, Ashen Self-importance
- Andrew Jacobs, seating, Venus
- Rebecca Juliette-Duex, equipment, Tea Towel Cart
- Rebecca Juliette-Duex, seating, Kitchen Stool
- Jinsoo Kim, seating, Singing Bench
- Diep Le, occasional tables, Torii Console Desk
- Matthew Patterson, occasional tables, Douglas Fir and Acrylic Espresso Desk
- Sarah Provard, occasional tables, Flotus
- Gabriel Riendeau, equipment, Hand Device, Dove Tail Marquetry Field
- Dylan Timoney, lighting, Helix E.26
- Dylan Timoney, occasional storage, Decrescendo
The “Meet the Designer” occasion is free to anybody who desires to attend and is about for 7-8:30 p.m. on Sept. 21.
Innovation + Design 2021 is supported by ISFD, Worldwide Market Facilities, the Excessive Level Market Authority, Furnishings As we speak, Congdon Yards, Alderman Firm, Phillips Assortment, Bienenstock Furnishings Library, IFDA, Theatre Artwork Galleries, HPXD, Outdated Dominion, Drive Excessive Level Basis and Steelyard.